Kite Terms Of Service For UK Domain Registration
Kite is a Channel Partner for Nominet, the UK’s domain name registry. As such we provide an intermediary service between you, the Registrant, and Nominet and we aim to provide you with a first class service. Below is a summary of how we endeavour to achieve that for you.
What We Need From You, the Registrant
In order for us to register a domain name for you, we need to have full and accurate contact details for you and your business or organisation (where applicable). This helps us to ensure that Nominet’s data is up to date and complete and that we comply with Nominet’s Data Quality Policy. To that end we will need you to supply us with the following information before we can proceed with the registration of a domain name for you:
- Registrant or Organisation name
- A contact name as the primary contact for the domain name
- Email address
- Organisation type (e.g. UK Individual, UK Limited Company, UK Sole Trader)
- Trading name (if applicable)
- Organisation number (depending on organisation type)
- Telephone number
- Full address
As well as collecting all of the pertinent contact details noted above we also need to make you aware of Nominet's Terms and Conditions of Domain Name Registration so please take the time to read them and we will ask you to confirm that you are happy to accept these terms before we proceed with your domain name registration.
The cost for a 2 year registration or renewal of any of the domain name types noted above is £ 20 Plus VAT. We do not make any charge for transferring a domain name to a new Registrar should you chose to move to a different provider, neither will we make any charge if you simply want your domain name to be de-tagged (removing us as your domain name renewal provider).
What Service Do We Provide For Our Fee? (Registration / Renewal / Expiration)
Our fundamental service provision is the registration of your domain name but once registered we will also manage the domain name’s renewal or expiration for you.
We will inform you of an impending requirement to renew your domain name by emailing you approximately two weeks before the domain name is due to expire and will re-send the renewal reminder a further 2 times until confirmation of receipt and a decision to renew or let the domain name expire has been received. If confirmation of your intention to renew or let the domain name expire has not been received by email after the third attempt, a final email will be sent informing you that we will leave the domain name to expire. We will leave the domain name associated with our Nominet Tag until it is automatically removed having moved through Nominet’s suspension and cancellation process.
How You Can Contact Us
Whether you are already a customer of ours or are considering becoming one, there will be a point at which you need to contact us. We encourage all of our customers to communicate with us in whichever way they feel most comfortable and to that end we offer the following options:
- During office hours (9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday) you can call us on 01348 858111. If the line is busy when you call, please do leave us a message and someone will respond to your enquiry within one business day.
- If you prefer to email us there are three addresses to choose from depending on the nature of your enquiry:
- For general domain name registration enquiries email us on email@example.com
- For technical support you can use firstname.lastname@example.org
- To make us aware of any abuse issues you can use email@example.com
- For billing or account enquiries use firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are unsure which of the options above to choose, simply email us using the email@example.com address and we will ensure that it gets to the correct person to deal with you enquiry.
- You can write to us at our office address which is Kite, Tregyddulan, St Nicholas, Goodwick, Pembrokeshire, SA64 0LX
Whichever method you choose, we will endeavour to respond to your enquiry within one business day of receiving it.
Do You Need To Make A Complaint?
We hope that you will find our service second to none, but should we fall short of your expectations in any way and you wish to make a complaint, please choose any of the methods of contacting us noted above (choose firstname.lastname@example.org if emailing). Please address your correspondence to the Accounts Manager. We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within one business day and seek to address it within one business week. If you feel that your concerns have not been addressed and wish to escalate the matter, please contact us again, addressing your enquiry to the Managing Director.